"God, to whom our lives may be the spelling of an answer." -Abraham Joshua Heschel

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Minnesotans and their damn weather. . .

Have you ever noticed that Minnesotans are NEVER, EVER satisfied with the weather? If it's hot out, they're whining because they're sweating and getting sunburned. If it's raining, they're bitching about wanting it to be sunny. If it's muggy or foggy, they want it to be clear and cool. Hell, I ALWAYS love the weather, because I think that we ought to co-exist with nature, not hate it and try to tame it. I don't think it can be tamed. We ought to celebrate it. My good friend Dani was wondering out loud the other day: "Why are people so afraid of getting wet in the rain?" I wonder the same thing. I guess it ruins their hair or clothes or something. . . .but I think it's a beautiful thing, to get wet in the rain.
Suck it up, and enjoy the beautiful weather around us. Someday, you'll wish you appreciated it more. By then, it will be too late. . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, nice blog, I have one about... just kidding. you are right about the weather bit...

4:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home