"God, to whom our lives may be the spelling of an answer." -Abraham Joshua Heschel

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sometimes silence is the best answer. . . .

In the past few months, since I posted my last query about the rapid pace of life, I have since learned the amazing art of slowing down. More importantly, I have learned the art of silence. It seems like such a strange pursuit in our culture of noise and constant movement, but being silent and still is essential. How else could I truly know myself, or really see the world around me? I think so many things slip by us in life because we simply haven't learned how to pay attention.

One of my dearest friends, Emily, and I are always discussing and seeking to understand what it means to live well. I am still so young and have so much ahead of me, but I am so grateful that I am already learning to be content in whatever circumstances, seek beauty in the smallest things in life, and see myself for who I am becoming. Life is so short and fragile, why not learn how to celebrate it now, while we can?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home