"God, to whom our lives may be the spelling of an answer." -Abraham Joshua Heschel

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Experience of God

Tonight at my church, Solomon's Porch, the girl who gave her "story" talked for quite a while about experiencing the beauty of God in every day life, especially in nature. She admitted that she does not wake up every morning with an innate faith in God, but rather it is a tentative search throughout the day to wait for God to reveal himself, so that she might trust him once again. The beauty of her experience of God was so refreshing, to know that there is someone else who is tired and restless with traditional notions of faith, and knows that God is so much far beyond that.
I guess I am often reminded of the blessed U2 song, where the lyrics say:
I believe in the kingdom come
Then all the colors will bleed into one
Bleed into one
Well yes I'm still running
You broke the bonds and you
Loosed the chains
Carried the cross
Of my shame
Of my shame
You know I believed it
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for. . . . .

All I can say. . . . .is that I, too, still haven't found what I'm looking for. . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home