"God, to whom our lives may be the spelling of an answer." -Abraham Joshua Heschel

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Alcohol is a social lubricant. . .most definitely.

Jodi Struck's 21st birthday tonight can only be described by one word: PRICELESS. Not like those Mastercard commercials, but more like a vulgar but meaningful greeting card that's written in slurred language. . . .kinda like my thoughts tonight. I don't have that many drinks in me, really. I'm just tired, or so I'm telling myself.

On the way out from the bar (the Kitty Kat Klub, which is fabulous, if you haven't checked it out yet, in Dinkytown!) at like 11:30, I stopped to talk to the bouncer named Clint at the door. We talked for more than an hour. About everything. Tattoos, school, life without money, life with money, reading, working, living, and putting up with drunk assholes. It was one of the most random, but pleasant conversation that I've had in a long time. I almost thought about giving him my number (even though he was like 30, and not that cute. But who cares about looks anyway, if they have real personality and honest thoughts?), but I chickened out. Maybe I will next time I go to that club.

The moral of the story tonight is: Have more random talks with strangers. You might learn a whole heck of a lot, and meet someone new who is fabulous.

(I've gotta write on here more when I'm not so tired and slightly inebriated. Attempting to be deep after having alcohol is a lost cause.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home