"God, to whom our lives may be the spelling of an answer." -Abraham Joshua Heschel

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Questions

Okay, I know that I am a person who questions nearly everything. I guess I can't help it, I think I'm just a born skeptic. But tonight, I was reminded of something my good friend Joel told me once: we were talking about our missions trip to Mexico over spring break, and he told me: "Mel, do you realize that while we were down there, you didn't have to be asking questions and doubting all the time? It's like your need to doubt and search was gone- or maybe there was no need for you to ask questions." Somehow, that's true. When I was in that different culture, I didn't have to question life as much, it seemed to just all make sense somehow. Maybe I'm just not made to live in the United States forever, or maybe just when I'm here I turn into an instant skeptic and cynic. . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home